Leaders are readers.
There is a reason why many successful people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet value books and reading. One time they were asked, “If you could have any super power, what would it be?” Their answer – Read faster.
Reading is one habit all successful people have in common. Books keep us habitually learning, and there is no task more productive than that.
Here are some 21 reasons why reading is one of the more productive activities we can spare time for this year:
- Books keep us informed and always learning
- Books allow us to connect with our mentors (authors)
- Books are a source of inspiration
- Books broaden our minds
- Books keep us sharp and smart
- Books help build vocabulary and language fluency
- Books allow us to explore our emotional spectrums
- Books help us improve our writing skills
- Books help us get to know what topics our interest gravitates towards
- Books help us shed light on our own situations better
- Books improve our ability to respond to conversations with other people
- Books help preserve history
- Books allow us to travel anywhere when our bank accounts cannot afford to do so
- Books are portable and something you can pick up and read pretty much anywhere
- Books tickle our imagination
- Books support stress relief in a way that it provides momentary escape from reality
- Books keep us connected to others from different eras and cultures
- Books give insight on the past to help us understand the present and prepare better for the future
- Books keep you occupied and productive better than scrolling through your Facebook feed while commuting to work
- Books help reveal some parts of our personalities that we weren’t aware of previously
- Books give us real-world experiences from industry leaders and help us make better informed decisions
There are more reasons reading a book is a productive habit. Head over to this article from EliteDaily for more.
What books are you reading now? Let us know in the comments below!