Are you feeling more like The Grinch than Santa Claus this Christmas season?
Answer the 6 questions below to see how stressed out you are about the holidays:
- Do you dread Christmas parties?
- Are you worried about not impressing your guests with a 5-star Christmas meal?
- Do you feel like there is too much on your grown up Christmas to-do list?
- Is ‘Jingle Bells’ playing repeatedly all over town driving you nuts?
- Do you find yourself frequently forgetful, or frequently annoyed at the most mundane things?
- Are you secretly wishing January would come sooner so you can get the holidays over with?
If you answered mostly yes to the questions above, then you’re going through seasonal overstress. It’s not uncommon, in fact many studies have found that the holidays are the most stressful part of the year, and statistics show that women, especially working moms, are more likely to experience this. Now we all know stress can not only ruin your festive spirit, but also have damaging effects on your health.
Take a step back and remember that holiday celebrations have no requirements whatsoever. Rethink how you prepare for the holidays with these helpful tips:
- Redo your to-do list and brutally prioritize tasks.
- Have real, meaningful family time.
- Find a way to squeeze in exercise in your daily routine.
- Always keep in mind that it’s really the thought that counts
- Focus on what the holidays mean to you.
Read the original article by Huffpost here to see more specific tips on how to fight holiday stress.
Are you going through holiday stress? What tip on this list are you keen on trying soon? Let us know in the comments below!