With Christmas just a few days away, you may already have been hit by the blunt force of holiday rush. Between working a demanding day job, managing the home, wrapping gifts, and organizing holiday parties, you may have already noticed your skin losing some of its life and glow. We certainly don’t want to greet Christmas looking like we got stuck in Halloween mode.
While the most important thing would be to manage the holiday stress that’s taking its toll on your skin health, it’s also important to squeeze in quality skin care into your busy holiday schedule to help bring back your glow. Keep your skin merry and bright this holiday season by following these 6 easy skin care tips:
- Use an alcohol-free toner. Alcohol-free toners don’t further dry out your skin after washing. It’s a staple to keep on your skin care kit all year round, most especially in the cold months of the holiday season.
- Splurge on serum. Slather on a layer of serum before your regular moisturizer both day and night for that extra hydration boost.
- Exfoliate. If you have a big Christmas party coming up, it’s a good idea to exfoliate three to four days before the event using a mild product. Be careful not to exfoliate too frequently or too harsh to avoid damaging your skin’s natural protective layers.
- Be generous with your moisturizer. Keep massaging all of the product on your face until it is fully absorbed. Massage also helps decongest your skin by activating microcirculation.
- Make the most out of your eye cream. Extend your normal application area to the middle of your cheeks. Eye creams contain antioxidants and help restore your skin’s natural barriers and collagen.
- Use a night cream as face mask. Apply a thicker layer than usual and your night cream instantly doubles as a regenerating face mask.
The best skin products to use are the ones that your skin loves best. It will require a little bit of exploration and patience to find the right match for you, but when you do, you’ll realize it’s all worth it.
Give these tips a try and your skin will thank you for it. Have a merry, moisturized, glowing Christmas!
Read the original article here to see more skin care tips for the holidays.
What skin care routines do you follow to maintain a healthy, glowing skin in time for the holidays?